Car and Truck Shock Absorber and Struts Service Thornton
Mountain View Automotive, Thornton Colorado, 80229
Your suspension system of shock absorbers and struts are very important. It helps you stay in control when you're on the road.
Mountain View Automotive in Thornton wants to make sure your car, truck, or SUV is safe by keeping your suspension system working right, so it can handle every bump, dip, twist, and turn in the road.
Your vehicle will give you warning signs that your shocks or struts are not working properly, including:
- Cupped, uneven tire wear
- Vehicle sways or leans on turns
- Excessive bouncing after hitting a road bump
- Harsh, bumpy or shaky ride
- Steering is stiff or makes noise
- Fluid leaking out of the shock or strut body
- Shock or strut bodies are dented or damaged
- Mounts or bushings are broken or worn
- Vehicle "nose dives" when you apply the brakes
- 50,000 miles
It's simple. You want a smooth ride and safe vehicle handling. Worn shocks and struts can cause dangerous swaying, hydroplaning, unsafe road handling because your steering and braking are compromised, and your tires will wear out faster.
Shocks and struts can usually last about 50,000 miles. After that distance it can cause wear and tear on the internal components and you will want to replace them. If you don't, the stability and safety of your vehicle may be compromised.
Mountain View Automotive ASE-certified technicians can check your shocks and struts and if you need, replace them, so you get back your vehicle's smooth, safe ride.